Saturday, September 10, 2011

Nudey Cutey Final

Two posts in two days...OMG!!

I've finished my first pinup girl. I'm calling them Nudey Cuteys, a corruption of my steam name. Yeah I'm a dork. Anywayses, some people are asking for more process...so what follows are a series of pics documenting her evolution. If you'd rather skip to the final output, then by all means scroll to the bottom :D

In case you've forgotten what pinup girl I'm referring to...here's the original line drawing http://noodle-kaboodle.blogspot.com/2011/08/nudey-cuteys-wip.html

For the sake of space, I'll keep these images small. Just click on any of 'em if you need to zoom in. So I started by making a clean contour drawing or 'inking' my original drawing in Photoshop.


I then proceeded to block in rough colors. I stole her colors straight out of a sunset I'd seen the night before. The slightly desaturated version I used looks a bit like cotton candy, which is awesome in its own right. I was also a bit influenced by Suicide Girls in her overall design, so it made sense to give her off-colored stockings and dyed hair. 



The one on the left was one of my first tries at integrating her into some sort of a background. I knew I wanted something abstract and asymmetrical. I tried giving her a ground plane in the first one and ultimately abandoned it. I didn't want it to interfere too much with her lovely silhouette. The second picture involved me playing with circles. It got a little out of hand and started looking too busy. 


However, I kept one layer of the circles as it was simpler, integrated her with the pencil, and echoed many of the triangles in my composition (her hair, her spread legs, etc.). Also, it looks kind of like a giant ellipsis and that is one of my favorite grammatical symbols...Yesh I'm a big grammar nerd.

I then set about adding some simple details and tones, which you can see above. 

Below is my final, wherein I went in and colored all of my original lines. If you've ever seen a Disney film, then you know where I stole the idea from.

And yes I know I just published triplet babies between two pinup girls. Shettup. Who says cute and sexy can't go together...





2 comments:

  1. I'm totally seeing what you meant from our previous conversation. It's so nice to see some color. I also love your work on the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cute!! I like the color scheme. :D

    ReplyDelete