Thursday, September 8, 2011

Curse of Three WIP

So, various friends are yelling at me for infrequent updates :P

Here's a piece I'm working on, inspired by my friend antpwny. He and his girlfriend are both Asian and I was teasing that they need to pop out Asian babies. This conversation ensued...

antpwny ♥ (@'.')@ : yeah we're having only 2 kids =X
noodles & co.: lame
antpwny ♥ (@'.')@ : that's all she wants
antpwny ♥ (@'.')@ : probably all i can handle anyways
antpwny ♥ (@'.')@ : we'd rather only have 2
antpwny ♥ (@'.')@ : we dont' want that big of a family
antpwny ♥ (@'.')@ : we come from big families
noodles & co.: i shall now curse you to have triplets on the first try
noodles & co.: so ha
antpwny ♥ (@'.')@ : =X
noodles & co.: triplets for anty
noodles & co.: TRIPLETS!!!!
antpwny ♥ (@'.')@ : =X
antpwny ♥ (@'.')@ : that sounds hard to do :o
noodles & co.: i shall draw triplet asian babies
noodles & co.: with your names on it
antpwny ♥ (@'.')@ : =X
noodles & co.: and burn it in an incense burner
noodles & co.: isnt that how chinese get their wishes...they have all kinds of rituals like that
antpwny ♥ (@'.')@ : no clue
antpwny ♥ (@'.')@ : =X
antpwny ♥ (@'.')@ : only half chinese

I then drew myself hovering over an incense burner with three lil asian babies in a cloud of smoke. 
They started out as rough pencil drawings in my sketchbook...


I then took some of my favorites into Photoshop and inked over them with nice clean contours.

Yeah, I know there's no smoke in this line drawing. But the placeholder smoke I had was terribad, so I eliminated that from this upload. Next to clean up the smoke and color everything. 

Hopefully no one will confuse this with me hoping for Asian babies of my own. I refuse!


1 comment:

  1. "Hopefully no one will confuse this with me hoping for Asian babies of my own. I refuse!"

    Too late! I didn't read the article all the way and already made my own renderings of you with babies and burned them in incense. I read the rest of the article only AFTER doing that. Really, I was just trying to help. How could I have known that you really don't want kids? 0:-)

    ReplyDelete