Saturday, August 20, 2011

New Banner Yay!!

Finally got around to designing a custom banner for my blog. For those wondering where/what it is...look up at the header/ title bar.



My previous template was not my own creation and, while aesthetically pleasing, caused a lot of functionality problems. I had to tweak a lot of html to make the facebook/ email buttons compatible. Various labels were in Spanish and I had a heckuva time trying to find and replace them. Oh... the trials and tribulations of playing with someone else's toys.

So I finally got kicked hard enough to generate motion when a friend pointed out that the embedded comment form wasn't working. Without the patience or coding expertise, I decided the simplest answer was the best one. Scrap the whole template. Put some mild changes on a simple template and design a banner. Feels much more personal and no more checking bugs, when I would rather be making arts ^_^

My inspiration was rather simple...it's a noodle (me), pulling out strands of hair that bear a striking resemblance to...noodles of course. To my dear Steam friends who have no idea what I look like, yes I am Asian....and no, I will not post pics to prove it :P

The font is Piron V.2, a lovely design by the folks at Typedepot. It's free for both personal and commercial use. If you'd like to get your hands on it, look no further. Piron, along with some other sexy fonts can be found here  http://www.typedepot.com/piron
[While Piron is free, not all of their fonts have the same license. Double check before using.]

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Glad to see that I can comment now. Great job on the banner, it's you. Love the composition and the type. I think you should update your profile picture on the right to match.

    ReplyDelete