Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Halo!!


“On the subject of blogs: I have ‘no need to engage in [the] polluting of the internet by narcissistically posting every meaningless moment of my life in such masturbatory fashion.’ ”

- Chris Jadatz (taken from Matt DeWitt’s Facebook profile)



After trying to avoid the blogging hook for years, I decided that my sketches and concept work needed a home.

With that said...what follows is a dump of recent work on my short film. Initially, these will be primarily for people already familiar with my piece. I'm in the process of acquiring music rights. So as of right now my animatic cannot be uploaded.



  • Basic premise: Commuters on a bus nod blandly to a common beat. While their headphones and cell phones blind them to the world around them, one passenger unplugs and gets a surprising glimpse of the world outside.



  • Treatment: This is primarily a rhythmic piece. No dialogue, but the action/shot flow will sync with various elements of the music. Exteriors will be rather abstract and organic, while scenes within the bus will reinforce a sense of drab apathy through desaturation and robotic movement.




  • Color Studies

    First, thumbnail color studies for the bus interior. Primarily focused on textures and framing in the first study. So you'll have to excuse the lazy linear perspective and muddy light sources. Then, I decided that the muted olive green and dusty brown had too much of a military connotation.

     Next on the list...Slate blue. Desaturated and cold feeling...but maybe a lil too cold.
     Greyscale just for good measure, though I don't plan on using it. As a stylistic choice, it seems too obvious to the point of being generic.

    My favorite so far...a kind of muted purple. I like the slight warmth the red hint gives off as opposed to the blue earlier.
    This post is getting long...To be cont. 

    1 comment:

    1. I commented on this stuff already when it was more private, I just wanted to say that I LOVE that you are actually making this stuff public. You have come a long way. :-)

      ReplyDelete